Monday, April 18, 2011

Energy Healing is Cool

Why oh why is it neccessary to have a blog called: "Energy Healing is Cool"?

I'm a Reiki Master Practitioner here in Los Angeles and also as a budding actress my two worlds tend collide quite often. One so loving, forgiving, embracing and compassionate...the other full of rejection, unforgiving, dog eat dog and competitve. (Sounds like Reiki verses my DATING life) I kid, but not really.


To be honest, that is where I got the idea for this Blog. As a Reiki Practitioner and Model/Actress I meet many different kinds of people. You would THINK the ones I meet in Yoga class or who are inquisitive about my Healing Practice would be the sensitve, understanding ones...but I have found some to be  judgemental. Sometimes the actor model types are more open!

In the past the judgements and comments of some has held me back from expressing my gifts and knowledge of this wonderful healing modality. It is an important message to get out there, becuse if the practitioner is dealing with it, the people seeking the practitioner are dealing with it. This needs to stop.

Like the very air we breathe Reiki is invisible. We live in a very materialistic world. So many are programmed to believe if you can't touch it, eat it, drive it, ride it, smoke it, smell it or own it it has no value. Can you: drive, eat, ride, smoke, own air? No but guess what you would DIE with out it.

Power is another thing that you physically can not see but you can sense it. You know when someone has it. Reiki is much like this. It is as nurturing as air and is a great invisible powerful force.

Sometimes I think for some people, in the vast majority, it is not as easy to accept this powerful force which is invisible and non material.  Not to say there are not extremely open minded people, extremely enlightened people who "get" it completely!

It has simply been my experience, my own very personal observation, that some still judge and think energy healing is wacky, new age-y, and for witches only...I have even been called, "crazy" for doing Reiki by someone who teaches yoga! Although he asked originally if we could trade a Reiki session for a Tarot reading becuase he thought Reiki was so "cool". When really, he was hitting on me. Someone who teaches yoga and reads tarot cards judging Reiki....hmmmm.

Another guy saw my Reiki Master certificate on my wall but never asked about it. A few months later he introduced me as the girl who does," black magic". OMG. I have to do it, I had to throw and OMG out there. It's kind of funny, really.

I have had friend/client explain her disappointment when her boyfriend said, "Oh witchcraft" after asking what Reiki was. For a while, after hearing these comments, I simply shut down.. I let other people's narrow mindedness hold me back.

I actually let OTHER people's closed mindedness STOP me from sharing one of the most healing, compassionate, transending, loving, nurturing things I have been absolutely blessed to experience!

Guess what kids, the wicked witch is dead, Dorothy got her. Even that was a fairytale...Women and men with the power to HELP others with something as positive as Reiki are COOL. I'm just sayin. We live in a CRAZY world. We need to stop judging and start learning. We need to ask questions before we form opinions.

There were major governmental debates recently about ending Medicare and Planned Parenthood. What if God forbid, we lost Medicare for our elderly? What if beyond 2012 getting a doctors appointment was like owning a Mercedez...reserved for the upper class. Well,  Reiki or someone that knows how to do energy healing would all of a sudden be YOUR best asset. The ones who judged whould be searching high and low for the "witch".

Los Angeles is a very "cool" place. I have been to the hottest clubs, I have been on the Red Carpet, I have been on tv in commercials, shows and in movies, I've driven in the fastest, hottest cars and dated famous men, blah blah blah....
The coolest thing I have ever expereinced hands down is: REIKI. It has saved my life, it has blessed me with the oporrtunity to heal others, help others, turn people's saddness and confusion into joy and peace.

If you don't know what it is Google it before you judge it or judge me or your girlfriend or your friend who just booked a session. Maybe just maybe it will help you or someone you know. Reiki is even great for dogs, cats and horses!
I have worked on rescue horses at the California Coastal Horse Rescue. I have worked on people with cancer, I have worked on children, actors, models, CEOs, bartenders, photographers, real estate agents, athletes...you name it...we all haves stress, we all have "issues', we all have challenges. Let's STOP adding to it by judging each other. Being OPEN MINDED is an amazing place to start.

"Just for today do not worry, just for today do not anger, just for today be in gratitude, be humble, be honest in your work, just for today honor every living thing."~ Reiki Princilples

People who do Reiki are NOT witches or hippies. Call us what ever you want but not before you have the expereince of a Reiki session. Call me your Fairy God Mother and Angel...They are just lables.

The important thing to know is that Reiki is an ancient healing modality that was origianlly founded in Japan by Mikao Usui in the early 1800's. It is as non threatening as Acupuncture. No hocus pocus here.
I hope you enjoyed this Blog. I will be going into exactly what Reiki is in future blogs...I just had to get this out there. Someone somewhere must need to read this. It's kind of the sweet magic of Reiki!
Peace Out,
Kindall

4 comments:

  1. Reiki is cool and so are you! Thank you for the fantastic healing session a couple weeks ago. You have a kind soul and healing hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a massage therapist since 1992. 'Hands on healing' and 'energy healing' are a gift that everyone should recieve. Don't feel bad about the 'witch' comment, massage therapists are regularly asked about 'happy endings'. WTF???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this blog. As an acupuncturist my colleagues and I have vented about similar frustrations when people equate what we do to "faith healing" or the similar experience of being on a date and the "gentleman" implying I was a witch. It took years to get a thick skin and laugh these things off as opposed to letting other peoples ignorance affect my enthusiasm for my chosen career path. Please keep blogging and how do I book an appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting expression. What is different now .... more than a year later? Are you evolving with the energy shifts? Are you creating the reality that you desire?

    John

    ReplyDelete